Today, Amazon Prime Week features discounts and savings on Everyday Essentials. (Photo: Reviewed.com)
— Our editors review and recommend products to help you buy the stuff you need. If you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue. However, our picks and opinions are independent from USA TODAY’s newsroom and any business incentives.
Amazon Prime Day 2017 promises to be bigger and better than ever before. Now in its third year, Prime Day is an Amazon-exclusive event meant to put some pizazz into an otherwise sleepy time of year for retailers. As a lead up to Prime Day on July 11th, Amazon has rolled out a week of daily deals.
Of course, there’s no thing as a good deal on a bad product. That’s why the folks at Reviewed will be searching Amazon relentlessly for the next week to bring you the real deals. Bookmark this page, because we’ll be updating it continuously as “Prime Week” kicks off.
The official start of Prime Day is 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST) on July 10, and it runs through 3 a.m. EST (12 a.m. PST) on July 12 for a full 30 hours of exclusive deals. Just keep in mind that to get any of these sales, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime here.
Be sure to check this page often. We’ll be updating it with new deals as we find them.
July 8: Everyday Essentials Deals
- Prime Now Summer Essentials—Save 25%: To see these savings, you must be a Prime member and live in one of the eligible locations. But you’ll also get your order delivered to your door in two hours at no additional cost. (They require a mInimum $40 order, though.)
- Try Prime Now—Save $20: If you’ve never tried Prime Now (and live where it’s available), try it today and you’ll get $20 off your order. The order minimum is $20, so you can save up to 50% on whatever you buy.
- Amazon Dash Buttons—$0.99 (Save 80%): Over 300 Dash buttons are only $1 today only. If you’re constantly reordering essentials like toilet paper, pet food, cleaning products or other household items, Dash buttons can save you time. Press the button and your order is placed, simple as that.
- Prime Pantry Everyday Essentials—Save up to 35%: Select household and grocery items will have coupons and discounts up to 35% through the end of Prime Day, at least. Prime Pantry shipping is free when you order at least 5 items, too.
Other Deals Available Today
- Audible Gold Membership—40% off for 6 months: No time to read? Listen to the books you’ve wanted to enjoy instead. The first 6 months only cost $8.95/month if you sign up during Prime Week.
- Amazon Music Unlimited—4 months for $0.99/month: Stream songs from any Amazon Alexa device, your smart phone, tablet, or desktop.
- Kindle Unlimited—up to 40% off: Sign up for Kindle Unlimited and enjoy millions of titles at no extra cost. The discounts are available for 6-, 12-, and 24-month subscriptions.
- $5 Movies and $0.99 Rentals—(Save up to 83%): Choose from over 300 movies to rent or buy from Amazon Video.
- Select Wedding Registry Items—Save up to 43% today on dozens of best-selling registry products with exclusive coupon codes on items including:
- Amazon Home Services—Save 20%: This deal, good through July 9, might be useful if you’re planning to buy a large item that requires assembly or installation. For an added fee, Amazon will send an expert to help you get your new purchase up and running. (The discount applied at checkout.)
A few of Amazon’s Prime Day deals have been shared with us well ahead of Prime Day, including (unsurprisingly) 54 Amazon Basics products. We cherry-picked the best discounts on the best products to give you an early heads up. If you see something on this list that you want, add it to your cart now and Amazon will let you know as soon as the price drops.
- July 9: Prime Reading deals and sneak peeks into Prime Day deals
- July 10: Prime Day starts at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST) for all Prime members. Voice-only Prime Day deals start a couple hours earlier at 7 p.m. EST (4 p.m. PST) for Alexa device owners.
- July 11: Prime Day is in full-swing with hundreds of new deals every few minutes.
“Leaked” deals that will start at 9 p.m. EST on July 10th:
A few of Amazon’s Prime Day deals have been shared with us well ahead of Prime Day, including (unsurprisingly) 54 Amazon Basics products. We cherry-picked the best discounts on the best products to give you an early heads up. If you see something on this list that you want, add it to your cart now and Amazon will let you know as soon as the price drops. Remember, these discounts don’t go into effect until July 10th, 9 p.m. EST.
- Huawei Mate9 Smartphone—Save 25% (usually $599.99): This large unlocked smart phone is a good deal at its full price ($599.99). With this Prime Day discount and the fact that it has Amazon Alexa built in, this is a great option if you’re in the market for a new phone. Read our full review here.
- Amazon Basics TV wall mounts: These low-cost, high-quality mounts can support virtually any size TV, and they’ll all be on sale for Prime Day at new low prices.
- Hypoallergenic, overstuffed mattress toppers: Adding some extra cushion to your bed can get pricy, but these toppers from Amazon’s exclusive bedding brand Pinzon are an affordable alternative. And on July 10-11, they’ll be even easier on your wallet.
Amazon Music Deals
No matter what genres you prefer, Amazon has something for every music lover this Prime Day. Here are our favorite deals:
- Amazon Music Unlimited 4 months for $0.99/mo.: First-time users can get four months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99/month. After that, the subscription service is $7.99/month for Prime members. (Non-Prime users pay $9.99/month.) The catch is that you have to remain an Amazon Prime member all four months to keep the sale rate, but if you’re planning to stick with Prime, you’re in luck!
- Sony CT800 Powerful sound bar–$348 (Save $151): This sound bar works with 4K TVs and connects to Google Home. It’s a great start for building a surround sound experience with other compatible Sony speakers.
- Sony CT290 Ultra-Slim 300W sound bar—$198 (Save $81.99): This sound bar features Bluetooth technology that makes it easy to stream music from any device and enjoy better, more robust sound.
- Sony XB20 Bluetooth speakers—$68 (Save $30): This portable speaker comes in four colors (black, blue, silver, and red). You can also find savings on the more expensive XB30 ($30 off) and XB40 ($50 off) models.
Voice Shopping Deals
For these deals, you’ll need to own an Alexa device. This could be an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Fire TV, or a compatible Fire tablet. Simply say, “Alexa, what are your deals?” to get a sampling of the exclusive offers voice shoppers can access on millions of products on July 5. Prime members with Alexa devices will also get exclusive offers two hours before Prime Day starts, so if you’ve been wanting an Alexa device, this is a perfect chance to get more from it.
You’ll need to be a Prime member and have a default payment set up in your Amazon account to place orders.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Prime membership—$79 (Save $20): If you’re not already a Prime member, for a limited time you can get your first year for $79 ($20 off the annual fee) when you ask Alexa to sign you up. This will not only give you access to all the other Prime Day deals, but you’ll also be able to do more with your Amazon devices. See all the benefits of Prime membership here.
- $10 credit for first-time Alexa shoppers: If you’ve never ordered anything on Amazon through Alexa, today might be a great day to start. First-time voice shoppers will receive a $10 promo code when they buy something now through July 9.
- NETGEAR Orbi Home WIFi System—$245.99 (Save $100): Looking to build a mesh WiFi system? The Orbi is one of our favorites. “Say, “Alexa, order Netgear Orbi Home WiFi system.”
- Philips Hue Go Light—$44.99 (Save 25%) Say, “Alexa, order Philips Hue Go Light.”
- Arlo Q Security Camera 2-Pack—$249.99 (Save $105) Say, “Alexa, order Arlo Security Camera two-pack.”
- Wickedly Prime Sweet ‘n’ Cheesy Popcorn Mix—$2.49 (Save 50%) Say, “Alexa, order sweet and cheesy popcorn.”
Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time.
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2uKURjk